Dec 19, 2011

iPod Shuffle Signed by Steve Jobs Available on eBay


A 4th generation iPod Shuffle, apparently signed by Steve Jobs himself, is for sale on eBay. The signature on the iPod is similar to Jobs's signature, but the item doesn't include any guarantee or certificate of authenticity, though the seller does offer this story for how the signature was obtained: 

"As part of a "innovators of tomorrow" program, myself and a 3 of my colleagues were invited to attend an in-house Apple event. Before hand, we received complimentary Apple products, including an iPod Shuffle and iTunes credits. As usual, the topics covered touched base on were a number of Apple's latest innovations, as well as a sneak peak to future plans. After the conference, we were given the opportunity to talk with Steve himself about the shift in technology to more companion-oriented devices. As the discussion wrapped up, one person in our group asked if Steve would mind signing our iPods. 

As the conversation went: "I hear you're not really one to give autographs, but I just gotta ask....will you sign my iPod? It's fine if you don't want to. I'm not normally one to even ask for autographs". Steve: *chuckling* "it's quite alright. You heard that about me?? well I wouldn't say that I don't like giving autographs, I guess I was never comfortable with the idea solely taking credit for something, which is to me what an autograph might imply. To be honest, I think I'm the last person who should sign something. A writer signing a book I can understand, but I think if anybody within our company should sign something, it should be members from our R&D team and all the others responsible for product innovation. It's unfortunate that they all can't receive the same level recognition. But I suppose it's easier this way though??....you would need a pretty big iPod to fit all those signatures". 

He was very candid and very down to earth. To my knowledge, we were the only ones lucky enough to get Steve's ever-so-rare signature."

As of 10:45AM Pacific time, the bid for the signed Shuffle was just over $4,000.




If you found this post useful or interesting, don't forget to press the +1 Button

and leave a comment 

2 comments:

  1. This is indeed a real collector's edition material. I heard only a hundred of these were manufactured.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks so cool. An apple enthusiast will surely love to have this product. It's good to hold a product that's been signed by one of the most influential characters in the digital world. I've been an apple fan for quite some time now. It's good to listen to a music from an iPod or iPhone attached to a huge speaker or other audio amplifiers making the sound more compelling and pleasant.

    ReplyDelete