Jul 24, 2011

iOS 5 Over-The-Air Update Stuck with Jailbroken Devices

Earlier today, Apple has released iOS 5 beta 4 to developers for iPhone, iPod touch, iPad and Apple Tv. As we reported you that Apple has introduced OTA (Over-the-Air) feature which allows you to download iOS update directly to your iOS device without using iTunes. Unfortunately jailbroken device can't use OTA feature.


Today MuscleNerd of iPhone dev-team has confirmed that OTA update won't work on jailbroken devices due to an explicit check of Applications. MuscleNerd didn't give any other details, but I think this is a new challenge for iPhone dev-team.

If you found this post useful, don't forget to press the Twitter Button

1 comment:

  1. Hi,

    Recently I came across some great articles on your site.
    The other day, I was discussing (http://www.accesoriiiphone.eu/2011/07/ios-5-over-air-update-stuck-with.html)with my colleagues and they suggested I submit an article of my own. Your site is just perfect for what I have written!
    Would it be ok to submit the article? It is free of charge, of course!

    Let me know what you think
    Contact me at anelieivanova@gmail.com

    Regards
    Anelie Ivanova

    ReplyDelete